A place for everyone.
The ministries at Crossings Church do two things.
One, they meet the needs of the families and individuals. We want church to be a place that builds you up and prepares you to live a life that honors God and others.
Two, the ministries at Crossings Church exist to give you a place to serve. No life is happier than when living with a higher purpose.
- Connecting People to God & Others.
- We are a church in Goodyear that’s committed to helping you discover the love of God and the joy of genuine relationships with others.
- Being connected to God by trusting in Jesus is the most important connection one can make. It’s our goal that everyone has a chance to experience God’s love for themselves.
- Connecting to others is also an important aspect in our lives. Crossings is a place to connect with a new friend. We believe that no one should have to stand alone in life.
Our core values:
Worship – Honoring God with our lives
Outreach – Demonstrating God’s love in a practical way
Discipleship – Growing in our relationships with God
Service – Using our abilities and resources to serve God and others
- There is only one God.
- He has always and will always exist as three persons; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We call this the Trinity.
- He is the creator and sustainer of all life.
- Although we were separated from Him by our sin (see “What we believe about sin”), He has and is actively working to
- restore that relationship with us. This has come at great personal cost to Himself as he gave His Son, Jesus, to die for us in order to bring about that restoration.
- He is the Son of God and a member of the Trinity.
- His mother, Mary, was a virgin at His birth.
- He lived a perfect sinless (see “What we believe about sin”) life.
- He performed many miracles.
- He willingly gave His life as a sacrifice to pay the penalty for our sins (see “What we believe about sin”) so that we could have a restored relationship with God.
- After three days He rose from the dead.
- He ascended to heaven and has all authority with God the Father.
- The Holy Spirit is a member of the Trinity.
- Although none of us are perfect, the Holy Spirit is working in us to urge us toward and make us able to live a holy life that resembles the heart and teachings of Jesus Christ and the character of God. We call this sanctification.
- By His power we are declared holy by God.
- The Holy Spirit empowers believers to witness to a lost world.
- Man was created good. However, man by his own choice disobeyed God. As a result of this disobedience physical death entered into the world and man was spiritually separated from God due to his sinfulness.
- We can be restored to God through faith and trust in Jesus Christ for salvation (see “What we believe about salvation”).
- We receive new life, given to us by the Holy Spirit, upon our placing our trust in Jesus Christ as Savior. This is absolutely
- essential for personal salvation.
- It was written by many men under the divine inspiration of God.
- It is the authority by which we determine our beliefs and our practices.
- Sin is defined as that which is contrary to the character of God. Therefore “to sin” is to do something that is contrary to
- God’s character.
- The consequence of mankind’s sin is physical death/decay and spiritual separation us from God; neither of which is possible for us to fix on our own.
- Having lived a sinless life, Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin and reunite us with God.
- Salvation undoes the separation from God that was caused by our sin and reunites us with Him as our Lord in a loving relationship.
- The only way to receive this salvation is to admit to God that we are sinful, ask for His forgiveness, and place our faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as the one who took the punishment for our sins upon Himself at the Cross.
- Salvation is available only through Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is available to all who put their trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- There is an existence beyond death both for believers (those who have put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ)
and non-believers (those who have not).
- For believers that existence will be eternal life with Jesus Christ in heaven.
- For non-believers it will be eternal separation from God in hell.
- Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins in order to restore us to a right relationship with God the Father also provides healing for the human body in answer to prayer.
- Not everyone who prays for divine healing is healed.
- Ultimate physical healing for believers will take place in heaven when we leave this earthly life.